- A world where all women can express their needs and priorities and where Government listens and acts so that the needs of all women are at the heart of Government policy; and
- A world in which every human being is respected and is able to achieve their potential, living free from harm and discrimination.
- Support, advise and encourage the women’s sector to enable all women’s voices to be heard effectively;
- Act as a conduit for all those voices, in order to both advise and to hold Government to account;
- Promote women’s equality;
- Ensure the views and experiences of as many women as possible are represented to Government to promote women’s equality and change;
- Ensure that where possible, women’s opinions are communicated to Government so that they can be taken into account when laws are made and policies decided;
- As far as possible, seek the views of and empower, socially excluded and marginalised women; and
- Disseminate messages from Government across the women’s equality sector.
In working towards our vision and aims, we will demonstrate the following values: Accessibility; Equality and Diversity; Respect; Empowerment.
- Transparency, openness
|Equality and Diversity
- Gender equality and anti-discrimination
- Diversity as a positive force
- Value the lived experience of women
- Value grass-roots experience
- Respect for all
- Encouraging development
- Enabling and participatory
- Innovative and creative